Friday, April 22, 2016

Awesome Night of Old Friends and New Friends in Midtown Houston

I found my long lost friend!!! Well she wasn't lost so much as away getting her Doctorate.. So Proud of her! Yay Pammy!!


So yesterday night, while at a networking event with my two pals, Joseph and Tom (the German), I ran into my old pal Pam. Well now it's Dr. Pam Hernandez PhD. This new group of great young Latinos is called Latino Mixer and it was their second meeting ever. They are doing some good things in Houston and I wanted to learn more and network, my buddies wanted to meet girls too so it was kind of a two birds situation. This group gathers and network and talk about life in Houston and in their careers from the viewpoint of Americans of Latino descent. 

I mostly met people that are in the non-profit sector. That in itself is very interesting. I was talking to one girl about her work dealing with the infamous the "School-to-Prison Pipeline." I personally think that is very important work as I have been watching PBS documentaries and listening to stories on NPR about this very troubling issue. All in all I think Houston is getting some great people coming in to take over as leaders in every industry. The future sure does look bright for Houston and I proud to be part of it as a Realtor. 

The venue was a place called 3rd Floor in the midtown area of Houston. It was large and there were three other groups meeting there as well. The servers were very nice and pleasant. The environment was overall good. The best part of the place was not only are they nice with a large selections of beers but they also have free appetizers. Yes, ok ok, it was bite sized pieces of bread with a sprinkle of cheese but I think that it tasted good and free is always affordable. I mean in a world where everything now costs "an arm and a leg," it was refreshing and it showed that this place really cared about their customers. I give it an hard A. The only downside is that drinks were a bit pricy-er, which really is to be expected in the midtown area. Over all i give it an A. 

If you are looking for a great area of town that is in walking distance from great food, great entertainment, walk-able outdoor areas, then Midtown is for you. I would love to help you Buy, Sell or Lease. I want to be your Realtor. 




#liveinhoustonproperties  #liveinhoustonapts  #realestate  #houston  #texasrealestate  #houstonproperties  

No comments:

Post a Comment