Wednesday, May 25, 2016

San Francisco was AWESOME but I love being back In Houston, Texas





          I was very fortunate enough to travel to San Francisco California for a couple of days this past week and it was incredible. I was able to visit with some of my very best friends in the world and I got to meet others that were just simply great. A friend from LA was even able to come up to celebrate the birthday of one of our great friends.

         San Francisco was simply beautiful and amazing. From the statues of the French Legion of Honor in the Presidio to the somber remembrance of the Holocaust.  


                                                 Presidio, San Francisco, California area (in upper left side)






It seems that the mountains, bay, and natural parks there are some of the best in the world and the people are very talented as well.  I was also able to tour various parts of the city. I  toured Haight-Ashbury, the Mission, the Castro as well as the Golden Gate park areas. I even had a chance to cross the Golden Gate bridge and eat at a great restaurant in Sonoma called the Girl and the Fig.





 The Girl and the Fig, 110 W Spain St, Sonoma, CA 95476, was great and the food and service we great as well. Although it was quite crowded for 1:30 pm on a Monday, it was still a pleasant experience and I would love to visit again. Their wines were very tasty from the Sonoma and Napa regions of California and their French inspired food was très magnifique. Their service was good and fast and their servers were polite and very accommodating. Brava! to them.




Beach Chalet, 1000 Great Hwy, San Francisco, CA 94121, was a great looking place but the food left something to be desired. Their drinks are good and refreshing and their service was on point. 

(Outside of The Girl and the Fig Resurant at night)

I met and saw a great bunch of people from my past college days, present friends and future friends.



























             I also spent some time talking to my friends about real estate in the Bay Area. I was flabbergasted to say the least. In the city of San Francisco itself, the median value of homes has skyrocketed, from $670,000 at the beginning of 2012 to $1.12 million in May, a gain of more than 67%, according to Zillow.com, which puts the gain in the past year alone at 11% (though that’s down from a year-over-year estimate of 14% in February). Prices are only expected to increase about 2.6% over the next year. This was incredible to me because Houston is definitely not this type of market. 
            I really loved my chance to get away and see a part of the world that I really did not know. And although I liked everything about San Francisco, I really loved coming back home to Texas. Houston is my home and I missed it. Until next time San Francisco. 

Please note that although I was away, I continued to work remotely.  Buy, Sell, Lease or Invest, I want to be your Realtor. 


#liveinhoustonproperties  #liveinhoustonrentals  #realestate  #houston  #texasrealestate  #houstonproperties  

No comments:

Post a Comment